The biggest trap in the body of Christ is weighing ourselves as “sinners” because of our capacity or ability to commit sin. That’s the biggest deception, in my opinion, in the body of Christ - is selling the finished work of Christ and grace short. Because of our ability to sin we think we have to be humble and say, “Yea, but we’re sinners.” And then we pull that scripture out of context and say, “If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and a liar.” [see 1 John 1:8] So we force ourselves into a “sin identity” as if we can never be free from sin. It’s a false identity. It’s a trap. It’s a lie.1
I'm not rightly defined by my ability to sin. I'm not destined to sin. Sin has been removed and it's dominion broken.
1. Sin - sinner identity - biggest deception - as if we could never be free - Dan Mohler (:36) 1
2. Sin - sinner identity - striving not to sin - (:47)
3. Sin - sinner identity - sin removed - I'm a son - (2:13)
4. Sin - sinner identity - effectively teaching the gospel - calling up and out of sin - v(2:10)
5. Objection - Are you saying you have no sin? - see objections under "Removed my sin" & "If we stumble"
Please note: This web site is neither authored by nor associated with
Dan Mohler or Neck Ministries
and is intended for noncommercial educational purposes.