Please note: These questions are here just to help out with group discussion, not to drive the discussion. They may not be needed at all. And certainly don’t feel like you need to get through them all. The important thing in this study is just to let people hear what God is saying through Dan's teaching and let group members have a chance to help each other understand and reinforce what is being said.
- What’s one of the best pictures you’ve ever taken? And why would you say it’s one of the best?
- What stood out to you from the main video clip? Any favorite quotes?
- Did anything confuse you?
About a third of the way through the main clip Dan talks about how man was created in the image of God. The supplemental clips for this meeting all have to do with the creation of man, the fall of man and the effects of the fall. Let’s start on those by looking at clip 1.1:
Genesis 1:26-28 - (volunteer to read)
- What is the “image of God”? And what does it mean to be made in the image of God?
(1 John 4:8 - God is love)
Heb. 1:2-3 - the radiance of His glory - exact representation of His nature
Col. 1:15 - the image of the invisible God
2 Cor. 4:4 - Christ - the image of God
John 1:14 - the Word became flesh
John 1:18 - no one ever seen God
John 5:19 - only what He sees His Father doing
John 14:7-11 - seen me - seen the Father
John 17:6,7 - I have manifested your name - everything comes from You
1 John 5:20 - given us understanding that we may know Him
- What was God talking about when He said “be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it” in v.28?
Genesis 2:15-17 3:1-13
- What do you think satan’s strategy was to get Adam and Eve to eat the fruit?
- What was Adam & Eve’s response to God’s presence, God’s voice after they had eaten? (Run & hide / blame shift / self-justification)
- What are some ways we run and hide from God today?
- Looking back at 2:17 - They didn’t fall over dead when they ate so what was it that “died”?
1.5 - (:49)
- How did Adam and Eve change after the fall? What changes did Dan bring up in the short clips?